Keep host audio devices

I try to keep my audio devices when I connect via thinlinc.
I’ve tried disabling AUDIO in the client connection settings and to stop pulseaudio startup.
Neither works - stopping pulseaudio startup ends up with no audio devices on my freshly installed debian 12 bookworm.

But what works is, connecting and killing the pulseaudio devices in an specific order

Heya @Kapsonfire,

I’m not really sure what you are trying to achieve. Could you elaborate a bit more, please?

Regards,
Martin

I still want to be able to use my Bluetooth Headset (usb dongled) which is plugged in on the host system.
But this doesnt work, because when I connect via thinlinc to it, it will remove all local audio devices from the host system until I kill the audio pulses processes.

Aside from disabling the audio in the client and removing the pulseaudio upstart by removing the symlink /opt/thinlinc/etc/xstartup.d/43-tl-pulseaudio-launch.sh, you also need to unset the PULSE_COOKIE and PULSE_SERVER env variables:

$ unset PULSE_COOKIE
$ unset PULSE_SERVER

By doing this, I’m able to get some working out of my server’s soundbar:

maros@ubuntu-client:~$ mpg123 file_example_MP3_700KB.mp3 
Playing MPEG stream 1 of 1: file_example_MP3_700KB.mp3 ...

I’m not sure about the bluetooth stuff yet…
Regards,
Martin

Thank you very much - its working.
I’ve created a 00-disable-pulse.sh in the startup dir unsetting both envs and i’ve got my devices working.

Great. How about your bluetooth though ?

Just works. other bluetooth devices still work - headset is working now since it was just registered as audio device